Thursday, September 12, 2013

Photoshop play

Today I decided to play around a bit with Photoshop to learn how it works and see what I might be able to do to use it in my quiltmaking for images.

I'd used it to edit, mostly enhance the colors and cropping of photos I'd taken before posting them. But I have never really played around with the paintbrush options.

OMG! What fun it is! Easy to use and the possibilities are almost endless.

I started with a closeup shot taken with my webcam.




I cropped the photo to include just the eye area.




Then I tried the different artistic options.


First I clicked on the colored pencil option. Geez! I thought, "I can't use that my family will worry I am suicidal.." Nothing could be further from the truth.



Next I clicked to try the Cutout option. I really like this one and think it can be used to create a self portrait.





Here is the Watercolor option. Mmmmm...what do you think? I think I have a lot more photoshop play to do....



The next option employed was the Drybrush tool. I also like this one very much.





Neon option was the next image I created. Its pretty cool, don't you think?





And finally, this one is the Paint Duabs option that most things look like to me sans eyeglasses....LOL




I encourage you to play around with photoshop and see what kinds of wonderful images you can create using simple pictures taken with your webcam. I believe you will find many new quilts hiding inside.

No comments: