This morning I decided the weather was perfect to take my newly quilted (yet still to be bound) Fantasy Flower Quilt and photograph it. It was a bit overcast, yet warm and this make perfect picture taking weather for me.
I'm lucky in some ways to live next to an elementary school. My back yard fence is super tall and high and wide, making it the perfect place to easily hang my quilts up to photograph them. Using
some wooden clothespins, I clipped it up, made sure it was flat and straight, and started snapping away. The quilt is not too big and it worked well.
Here is a photo of the entire quilt.
I decided since I had used different quilting patterns in the background of each block, in the border and on the outside, I needed to photograph each of the 9 flower blocks up close.
This was really my first attempt to make a bigger quilt (large wallhanging size) using my Accuquilt cutter and fusible raw edge applique.
I decided since each block fabrics and the placement of them varied, that varying the quilting in the background would be a great way to showcase my free hand quilting skills. I'm a bit rusty with the longarm, but this quilt really allowed me to play with the stitching designs and use the non-regulated, manual mode to create and finish the quilting designs. I'm happy with the results.
While its not my best work, its nice to have finally finishing something again and get back my quilting mojo.
Feedback and comments welcome.