Sunday, July 13, 2014

Ravioli Casserole

One of today's adventures was to do my bi-weekly grocery shopping. Before I perform this task, I always try and look through some recipes to figure out what I might need. Sometime. I make a list especially when trying a new recipe, and other times,I go with the store flyer, look at what might be in sale and work from there.

As I was cruising down the dairy aisle, picking up some sliced cheeses for,sandwiches and shredded cheese for recipes, along with our yogurts and other dairy delicacies, I looked up and saw the big bag of round cheese ravioli was on sale. So I grabbed it and figured, well, those are always good to,have on hand.

When. Mike came back from his treatment today, I asked him what he would like for dinner. He picked the ravioli!

Here is what I used to make 6 servings of my Ravioli casserole:

1 jar low salt tomato sauce ( any brand you like will do.)
1 large bag of frozen ravioli (cheese work best)
1 bag of fresh spinach (I had this on hand already)
2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Fresh basil (if available). Or 2 tsp dried basil
Onion flakes
Fresh ground pepper
Dried oregano to taste
fresh sliced mushrooms if desired.

Spray a large rectangular baking dish with non-stick spray. Add just enough of the tomato sauce to the bottom of the pan to coat. Add one layer of frozen ravioli. Take freshly washed spinach and chop up over the pasta. I use a clean pair of scissors (not my sewing shears) to shred the spinach. Top with 1/4 cup of cheese, sprinkle 1/3 of the spices over this layer. Drizzle with tomato sauce and repeat until you have 3 layers and have used all the ravioli, sauce, spinach and cheese. add the mushrooms to the two top layers along with fresh basil leaves.



On the top layer, add 3 TBSP of shaved Parmesan cheese and some fresh basil, shredded. Cover with a piece of foil and bake for 60 minutes in a pre heated oven at 350 degrees. The beauty of this recipe is that is basically one dish, easy to make, extra tasty and fabulous leftover. You don't have to defrost the ravioli or boil them. serve with a nice mixed salad and you have a great vegetarian dinner for 6.

Enjoy!

#RavioliCasserole #OneDishDinners #EasytoBakeDinner #SpinachRavioliBake

No comments: