Thursday, May 4, 2017

Smoked sausage with Potatoes and Crispy Veggies

I like my veggies crispy. Peppers and Onions, coupled with garlic, herbs and spices sautéed until just barely cooked are wonderful. I find them more tasty and digestible than those that are overcooked, limp and mushy.

Tonight's dinner was simple. Turkey kielbasa, fingerling potatoes, two brightly colored sweet peppers, a big sweet onion and loads of fresh pressed garlic.

I heated the EVOO on medium high until it was rippling hot. I tossed in the washed and sliced fingerling baby potatoes and allowed them to crisp and brown ever so slightly before adding the garlic, onion and seasonings, including: thyme, rosemary, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning. I allowed the onions and garlic to become fragrant before adding the chopped up red and orange sweet peppers. While these were dancing around in the pan, I added 1TBSP of coconut oil and let them simmering tossing them frequently to keep things cooking evenly. Between stirs, I cut the kielbasa in half and sliced it into bite sized pieces. After about 4-5 minutes While the veggies were still very crispy, I added the sliced meat and a good shake of parsley, pink salt and fennel seed.

I continued to cook all of this on high for maybe 5-6 more minutes, before removing from the heat and serving. The combination of the spices and herbs, fresh frangrant veggies, coconut oil and meat made for a delightful melange that was quite pleasing to my palate.

There will be plenty of leftovers for the next couple of days, but nothing beats it hot off the stovetop, steaming hot and fragrant so the dogs are circling around for a taste. Unfortunately, they can't have any tonight because of the onion, garlic and spices.

#smokedsausage&veggies #whatsfordinner #kielbasaskillet

No comments: