Monday, March 3, 2014

Challenge BLocks

I have been quilting so many years that I find my self avoiding most challenge projects, especially blocks from guilds. I did so many of these years ago and I learned a great number of quilting skills via the block of the month and challenge projects.

However, in 2014 I decided that there is still room for me to learn new things and thought that participating in the NJMQG block challenge would be a good thing. I initially made one set of paper pieced alphabet blocks (NNJMQG) that ended up being 12.5 x 19" in size. I wasn't crazy about how difficult the letters were to read, but I turned in it anyway. Then I came across another paper pieced alphabet and decided it would be worth it to try again. I really like the outcome of this one better.


It will be fun to see what comes of the different blocks that are being created by the group and the resulting quilt project using the challenge blocks. The challenge was to use 3 of the 4 available solid colors and Kona pure white to create a block that was 12" finished in size on one side. The block was supposed to represent what "MODERN QUILTING" means to me. I hope the guild will like my contribution.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks great!