Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Jelly Roll Jumble

On November 9th, I will be teaching a class at Rock, Paper, Scissors in Montclair, NJ. The class will feature 4 different quilts you can create using one jelly roll made of 2.5" strips of fabric.

It was harder than I thought it would be to create patterns for the various quilts I wanted to teach how to make. But now they are done. And it was a great experience creating patterns and instructions for something new.
I also took the time to finish each of them into quilts (not just tops) for the class samples. Apologies for the clothespins, but it was quite windy outside when I photographed them before taking them to the shop for display.


Quilt #1 - Three Dudes Quilt


Quilt #2 - Stacked Spools


Quilt #3 - Snowball & Shoofly


And finally Quilt #4 - Modern Squares


I hope you will be able to join me for this fun and innovative class. Students will learn how to make all four quilts in a single afternoon. Who knew you could create so many different things from 20 pre-cut strips of fabric, some light and dark yardage and a little thread? The Fabrics in these quilts are all from Free Spirit/Rowan True Colors line.



#JellyRollJumble #StripPiecing #3dudes #stackedspools #snowball&shoofly #modernsquares #rowantruecolors



No comments: