Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Time to Reflect

As the sound of the "you can never look back' runs through my brain, I am eagerly awaiting the opportunity to meet some friends and ex-colleagues for lunch today just to catch up. I am excited about seeing them again because I very much enjoyed working with them both and we used to lunch together once a week or so. I also want to turn in some paper work so I can get paid with my final expenses and severance that is due to me at the end of the month. I believe I am now in a better place than I was just one month ago, being self-employed and working to establish my own business instead of trying to keep someone else's company afloat during turbulent times. Part of me is reluctant to sign the agreement because it truly favors the ex-employer. However, I just want to walk away from them and move forward, not having to look back on this part of my life again.

I'm happy taking a walk on the wild side at this point. With the beautiful weather outside and a few miles to be spent in the car, the next week has a lot of appointments and meetings with friends scheduled. Each of them has new meaning for me and I intend to make the most of them.

Later--

No comments: